Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Khanna O Rama

So recently, I noticed that there was a big Khanna family movie festival going in the blogworld. I decided to contribute my share to the series as well.

I decided to talk about Akshaye. The other Khannas will be in the upcoming posts.

There was a time when I was a really big Akshaye Khanna fan. I always looked forward to every movie of his, but after some point I lost interest. I don't know if it was because of the lackluster films of his, or if it was because I became tired being a fan. Any how, I decided to talk about Akshaye again.

Akshaye in my opinion is a very talented actor, but he often chooses the wrong movies to act in and doesn't have luck going in his favor. I don't know if he chooses these movies, because that's all he gets, but anyhow he is capable of doing better.

He's by far one of the most natural and talented actors we've seen in Bollywood since 1997 (when he made his debut). None of the actors since then can even compare to his style of acting and dialogue delivery. In addition, he is very good looking and is charming.

Acting:

His best acting came in movies like Border, Aa ab Laut Chalen, Doli Saja Ke Rakhna, Dil Chahta Hai, Deewangee, Humraaz, Gandhi my Father, and Aaja Nachle.


Border

The character in Border requires a great deal of sensitivity to carry forth. Akshaye excelled in portraying that character, and he really made you feel sympathetic towards him and the battles he had to overcome.

Doli Saja ke Rakhna

This role was one of those typical lover boy roles. Love at first. Akshaye runs off with the girl. The guy is supposed to be charming and does everything to win the heart of the girl of his dream. Akshaye does will with these sorts of roles.


Aa Ab Laut Chalen

Akshaye's character was both caring, charming and foolish. He gets all caught up in the whole Green Card mess. He definitely exceeded in carrying forth the character's nature.

Dil Chahta Hai

The character of SID was sensitive and a thinker. He didn't say much, unless he really had a point to make. Akshaye was superb as Sid, and I can't really imagine any other actor doing this role the way Akshaye did.


Humraaz

Akshaye was the baddie in this one. The character was cunning and shady, and this was Akshaye's first time playing a role which had grey shades. He suceeds in making you hate him.


Deewangee

As the lawyer, Akshaye excels. He holds own against Ajay Devgan, who has a complex character. Though Ajay end up running away with accolodes, Akshaye as the lawyer was just as good.



Gandhi my Father

One of the most interesting roles of Akshaye in his career and another a real life character he's portrayed after Border. Akshaye did a great job portraying Gandhi's troubled son.

Aaja Nachle

This was a sweet role- filled with humor and sarcasm. Akshaye and Madhuri's scenes were pleasant.



The
hair

The hair!!! Oh my gosh. Akshaye dude, your hair never seems to be right. I think your best hair was in the really early films of your career (Mohabbat, Border) and even in Humraaz your hair was nice (even though it was wig). Either wear the hair naturally, or get a nice hair transplant to avoid wigs.I'm pretty sure you have a ton of money to afford to do so.

The Smile:

Akshaye has a lovely smile and it definitely resembles his father's smile. Extremely adorable.


















Overall Akshaye is a great actor, who can do better than his current situation if he actually tried.

No comments: